Interested in helping train thousands of Democratic candidates, staffers, and local party leaders across the country?
Here is your opportunity to travel the country to empower and train passionate Democrats while getting paid to do it.
The National Democratic Training Committee (NDTC) is a hybrid PAC that offers free in-person trainings and interactive online courses for Democratic candidates, staff, and local party leaders. We aim to empower any Democrat with the tools needed to be successful.
The NDTC runs an aggressive live-training program in all 50 states. To execute a program of this scale and ensure we provide participants with the best training possible, we recruit, screen, and train a group of talented trainers across the country.
We are looking to grow this group of trainers for 2020 and we want you to join us!
Our trainers join us in our signature Blue Bench and partner-hosted training programs to train in either field tactics, digital strategy, communications, or fundraising. We have curriculum designed for you to maximize the impact of these (typically) one-day trainings so leave your powerpoint behind and focus on the people.
While our live trainings are driven by strategic learning objectives and stuffed to the brim with the information, resources, and tools our trainees need to be successful, these are not your typical training sessions. Our trainings are interactive, experienced-focus, and engaging. We are looking for dynamic trainers that can bring the material to life and leave a lasting impression on the attendees.
Trainers are contract employees of the NDTC. All travel costs are covered and trainers receive a stipend for each training attended. Trainers are required to attend our yearly “Train-the Trainer” retreat (January 10-12, 2020) in DC and participate in a minimum of five live trainings each year.
- Participate in the mandatory “Train-the-Trainer” retreat in DC (January 10-12, 2020)
- Facilitate excellent live trainings for NDTC trainees
- Train at a minimum of five live training sessions each year
- Work closely with the Live Training team to discuss needs, identify problems, and implement solutions to ensure the best training possible
- Work closely with other trainers to support NDTC learners
- Are experts in their field(s) of fundraising, field tactics, digital strategy, or communications
- Have experience with electoral or issue-based campaigns and in-person training programs
- Have exceptional facilitation skills
- Want to grow their skill-sets as trainers
- Are thorough, well-organized, and have a sense of humor
- Are responsible, communicative, and reliable
- Work well with learners of all backgrounds and experiences
- Are available for weekend travel
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to Allie McRaith at [email protected] to start the application process. In order to be a trainer for the 2020 training year, you must be available to attend an in-person Train-the-Trainer (T3) retreat in DC during January 10-12, 2020. Applications are due by October 14, 2019.
About NDTC as an Employer
This is a contract position that works closely with the Live Training team. We are located in downtown Chicago, but we are looking for qualified candidates across the country. We are committed to providing professional development opportunities for all of our staff and will work to find opportunities for growth.
NDTC believes that our differences enhance our strength as a political party—and as a nation—and we as an organization benefit from a staff of diverse races, ethnic origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, economic backgrounds, abilities, and other facets of our identities.