Digital Fundraising Consultant to Develop & Support Training for Campaign Staff
NDTC is hiring one consultant who specializes in Digital Fundraising for Candidates. This consultant will be supporting NDTC’s Staff Academy, which is a program designed to recruit, train, and connect new staff to paid career opportunities in Democratic politics across the country. When selecting program participants, we prioritize leaders who identify as women, trans and non-binary, and people of color.
Digital Fundraising Consultant
We are hiring a digital fundraising consultant to help us create an on-demand, online training for campaign fundraising staff on digital fundraising. The consultant will:
- Collaborate with the NDTC team to frame the learning objectives and articulate the digital fundraising skills that fundraising staffers who will work on state legislative campaigns need to have to be successful
- Assist NDTC staff in creating outlines and drafting written training materials
- Discuss topic areas with NDTC staff to facilitate their creation of training materials
- Review and provide feedback on outlines, scripts, worksheets, online course drafts, and other materials, as needed
- In some cases, the consultant may be asked to serve as the on-screen lecturer for on-demand video lectures that NDTC films or to narrate online courses
- Experience with the most up-to-date strategies for candidate campaign fundraising using digital tools
- At least 1-2 cycles of experience where you were responsible for digital fundraising on a candidate campaign (preferably at the state legislative or congressional levels) and 4+ years of political fundraising experience
- The ideal person for this role is a full-time consultant who is NOT open to joining a 2020 campaign full-time
Time Expectations & Compensation: The contract will run October 1 – December 31, 2019. The time expectation will be approximately 33 hours total, which may or may not include traveling to Chicago for a day to film video lectures. The compensation is estimated to be $1,980. If travel is requested, NDTC will provide any non-local travel expenses (hotel, flights, meals) separate from this approximate compensation plan.
To Apply: Please submit the following items (cover letters are not requested) via email to [email protected] with the subject line “Digital Fundraising Consultant Application.” Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Your resume in PDF format
- Two to three examples of digital fundraising emails or posts you created
- Two references (preferably current or former consulting clients)