Live Training Fellowship
Want to help thousands of candidates, staffers, and leaders across the country? Want to help progressive and Democratic organizations build the long-term power needed for success, not just this year, but for years to come? Do you want to be a part of a team of creative, passionate, and driven individuals who sincerely care about the work they are doing? Do you want to use your skills, relationships, and expertise to help your community and your country?
The National Democratic Training Committee (NDTC) is a hybrid PAC that offers free, interactive online and in-person training for Democratic candidates, staff, and leaders. We aim to empower any Democrat who wants to be involved in politics with the tools needed to be successful.
The NDTC runs an aggressive live-training program in all 50 states. To execute a program of this scale and ensure we provide the highest level of effective training, we have a group of highly talented trainers located across the country who have been recruited, screened, and trained by NDTC.
NDTC is seeking a Live Training Fellow to play an integral part of the Live Trainings team. As NDTC’s program expands, we are looking for someone to assist the Assistant Director of Live Training and other team members plan and execute trainings across the country. The ideal candidate understands the driving forces behind effective training programs and knows how to work collaboratively with team members in order to put on successful in-person trainings.
- Collaborate on the operational efforts for live trainings across the country which includes but is not limited to:
- Booking venues and negotiating fees
- Plan menus, order food, and/or hire caterers
- Ordering, tracking, and shipping live training supplies
- Work collaboratively and directly conduct outreach with partners and in-house team members to establish goals, deadlines, definitions of success as they relate to recruitment and other operational needs.
- Research new partnerships and other organizations to help with recruitment and program expansion.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have at least one year of campaign/political/volunteer experience.
- Experience in Google Suites.
- Have experience working closely with a team.
- Are outcomes focused, well-organized, and have a sense of humor.
- Work well with deadlines and fast-paced environments.
About NDTC as an Employer
This hourly fellowship reports to the Associate Director of Live Training and is located in downtown Chicago.
NDTC believes that our differences enhance our strength as a political party—and as a nation—and we as an organization benefit from staff of diverse races, ethnic origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, economic backgrounds, abilities, and other facets of our identities.
Salary is $20.00 per hour for 35 hours per week. The fellowship is 6 months long and will run from January 2020 to June 2020, with a possible extension depending on budget and performance.
To apply, email resume and cover letter to Jocelyn Hunt, Associate Director of Live Training, at [email protected] – subject line ”Live Training Fellow”. No calls, please. In your cover letter, please include the date on which you would be available to start.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.