About the Course
Fundraising is crucial for your campaign’s success. In this course, you will write your campaign’s fundraising plan, a detailed list of the revenue sources you will rely on to hit your fundraising (and therefore budget) goals. After you complete this course, you’ll have a fundraising plan and the groundwork laid to raise your first contributions!
When to Take This Course
Your fundraising plan and your budget go hand-in-hand, so before you take this course you probably want to have a draft budget–or at least an overall budget goal—and know (ballpark) how many votes you need to win.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Research the fundraising of past candidates and current opponents in your district
- Identify realistic goals for each of the 6 potential revenue streams
- Write the first draft of your fundraising plan
- Determine how you will track your actual fundraising against your goals
By the end of this course, you will have these resources for your campaign:
- A Sample Fundraising Plan
- The Finance Plan Research Worksheet
- A Fundraising Plan Template