What You’ll Learn
- How to gauge your campaign’s fundraising capacity
- The six revenue streams available to your campaign
- How to write realistic goals for each of the six revenue streams
- How to consolidate your your goals, strategy, and planning into a fundraising plan
Why This is Important
Campaigns cost money, and raising money requires time and planning. In this course, you will examine the revenue streams your campaign can focus on, complete some research to help you set goals, and utilize a template to create the first draft of your fundraising plan.
- A Sample Fundraising Plan
- A Fundraising Plan Template
- The Fundraising Plan Research Worksheet
- Budgeting and Financial Compliance — You need to know how much money you need to raise, and build a plan toward that goal. If you don’t yet have your budget drafted, take this course and create that before delving into your fundraising plan
- Raising Money — Once you have your fundraising plan, you need to execute it. In this course, you’ll learn how to bring in the funds you need to keep your campaign running
Kelly is the Founder and CEO of the National Democratic Training Committee. He has worked on dozens of campaigns at every level across the country. Kelly's specialty is in new campaign creation, candidate and staff training, and fundraising. In addition to working for 18+ years in Democratic politics, he teaches a class on political campaigns at DePaul University in Chicago, where he lives with his family and dog, a large hungry blue Weimaraner named Jack Bauer. Kelly started his career in 1998 with Rep. Dennis Moore in KS-03. He's an avid basketball and poker player, though never at the same time. His wife would point out that at no time in this biography was he described as "good" at either hobby. That was a conscious decision.