NDTC Trainer: Communications, Digital, Field, Fundraising
Interested in helping train thousands of Democratic candidates, staffers, and local party leaders across the country?
Here is your opportunity to empower and (virtually, for now) train passionate Democrats across the country from your own home, all while getting paid to do so.
The National Democratic Training Committee (NDTC) is a hybrid PAC that offers free virtual training and interactive online courses for Democratic candidates, staff, and local party leaders. We aim to empower any Democrat with the tools needed to be successful.
The NDTC runs an aggressive training program in all 50 states; however, due to the coronavirus, all training programs and trainer opportunities are currently virtual with the goal to resume in-person trainings when it is safe to do so. To date, NDTC has trained over 100,000 people and over 1400 candidates and teams in the 2020 election cycle alone. In order to execute a program of this scale and ensure we provide participants with the best training possible, we recruit, screen, and train a group of talented trainers across the country.
We are looking to grow this group of trainers for 2021 and we want you to join us!
Our trainers join us in our national Virtual Live Trainings (VLTs) and partner-hosted training programs to train in either field tactics/GOTV, digital strategy, communications, or fundraising. We have designed the curriculum for you to be able maximize the impact of these training sessions, so you can leave your PowerPoint behind and focus on the people in the room Zoom.
While our trainings are driven by strategic learning objectives and full of the information, resources, and tools our trainees need to be successful on their campaigns and in their communities, these are not your typical training sessions. Our virtual trainings are interactive, experienced-focus, and engaging. We are looking for dynamic trainers that can bring the material to life and add their own real-life campaign examples that will leave a lasting impression on the attendees.
Trainers are contract employees of the NDTC and receive a stipend for each training. Trainers are required to attend our yearly “Train-the-Trainer” retreat January 30-31, 2021 in order to be a trainer for the 2021 calendar year and will be expected to be available for a minimum of three VLTs during 2021.
- Participate in the mandatory “Train-the-Trainer” virtual retreat on Jan. 30-31, 2021
- Facilitate excellent virtual live trainings for NDTC trainees throughout the year
- Train at a minimum of three virtual live training sessions, typically ranging from 60-90 minute sessions
- Commitment to partnering with the Trainer Engagement Manager (TEM) on your professional development as a trainer and facilitator with at least one required 1:1 during the calendar year.
- Work with the Live Training Team and NDTC staff as needed to discuss training needs, identify problems, and implement solutions to ensure the best training curriculum possible
- Work closely with other trainers to support NDTC learners and build community
- Are experts in their field(s) of fundraising, field tactics, digital strategy, or communications
- Have experience with electoral or issue-based campaigns
- Have experience with in-person and virtual training programs
- Have exceptional facilitation skills
- Want to grow their skill-sets as trainers
- Are thorough and well-organized, especially when it comes to preparation for a training
- Are responsible, communicative, and reliable
- Work well with learners of all backgrounds and experiences
- Have time in their schedules to dedicate time to training (i.e. at least 3 VLTs and/or, should in-person trainings resume, 3 weekends a year)
Returning to In-Person Training
Currently, NDTC is operating remotely and providing all training virtually due the COVID-19 pandemic. NDTC plans to return to in-person training as public health guidance allows. We are hopeful for the time when we can provide live training across the country again.
When we eventually return to in-person training, trainers will be expected to travel to trainings, which requires weekend availability with travel usually on Fridays and Sundays for the Saturday training. Travel and accommodation costs are covered in addition to the training stipend.
In a single PDF, email your 1) resume and 2) cover letter that describes your training philosophy (or approach of how you train effectively) in 2-3 paragraphs to Allie McRaith at [email protected]. Please include the following as the subject line: “[Your Name] [Subject] Trainer Application,” e.g “McRaith Field Trainer Application.”
Applications are due by 5pm on Friday, December 4, 2020 and will be accepted on a rolling basis until then.
In order to be considered as a trainer for the 2021 training year, you must be available to attend a virtual Train-the-Trainer (T3) retreat January 30-31.
About NDTC as an Employer
This is a contractual position that works closely with the Live Training team. We are looking for qualified candidates across the country. We are committed to providing professional development opportunities for all of our trainers and will work to find opportunities for growth.
NDTC believes that our differences enhance our strength as a political party—and as a nation—and we as an organization benefit from a staff of diverse races, ethnic origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, economic backgrounds, abilities, and other facets of our identities.