Social Media Strategist
Do you love building relationships with Democrats across the country through digital communications? Is community building on social media your jam? Does user-generated content make you want to sing and dance?
Then this is your opportunity to support progressive values across the country by growing and managing a dynamic social media community of Democrats who have stepped up to make a difference (no dance skills required).
As part of the marketing team, the social media strategist works to build our digital communities on social media. This includes Facebook, our Facebook Group, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Medium, and other channels in the future that fit our strategic goals. You are the voice of NDTC to our online community of thousands of Democrats across the country.
To succeed in this role, you will create and manage our social media calendar, build and maintain relationships with members of the NDTC online community, encourage community engagement and user-generated content, and cultivate a community that helps tell the NDTC story and drive organizational goals.
This position reports to the content manager.
- Help tell the NDTC story effectively through our social media channels.
- Collaborate with the content manager to create an ongoing social media calendar for all channels.
- Create an ongoing social media calendar for all channels, write, plan, and schedule all posts, respond to comments, and manage conversation.
- Develop online community engagement strategies for the NDTC digital community. This includes growing, managing, and engaging the NDTC Facebook Community Group, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Plan, execute, and measure success of our shared media efforts.
- Encourage user-generated content and digital engagement with our online community.
- Collaborate with the digital teams of partner organizations, influencers, and elected officials.
- Organize, promote, and manage digital community events (such as Facebook and Instagram Lives)
- Follow NDTC candidates, staff, and local leaders throughout their electoral journey in order to identify ways we can support and amplify their message and ours through our digital channels and content.
- Contribute to the work of the marketing team to tell the NDTC story by engaging with and sharing the stories of our learners through our shared media channels.
- Work collaboratively with the full NDTC team to make sure efforts are integrated and shared media is used effectively to promote and distribute our content and training.
- Work with the director of marketing to execute and measure a shared media plan that drives organizational goals and amplifies all other organizational efforts.
- Monitor the NDTC online community at-large and understand what’s working, what’s not, and how the organization can better serve their needs. You are the liaison between the online community and NDTC in all ways.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Self-starter who can work independently, but who thrives in collaborative team environments.
- Superb written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively and bring new and innovative ideas to the table.
- An extreme attention to detail and understanding of online interpersonal communications.
- Ability to project a consistent brand voice through all shared media outreach channels.
- Substantial digital & social media experience with political, advocacy and/or nonprofit organizations.
- Advanced knowledge of social media and production of digital materials (written, graphical and video).
- Experience with digital organizing, digital issue advocacy campaigns, and/or political campaigns.
- Broad experience in managing social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Advanced knowledge of the use of digital technologies for political communication, education, and advocacy.
- Ability to handle multiple “priority” projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to gain buy-in from multiple parties in a collaborative environment.
- Proven track record of working online to organize diverse supporters and constituencies.
- Possess solid project management skills.
This full-time remote position will join the marketing team and will report to the content manager.
About NDTC as an Employer
NDTC believes that our differences enhance our strength as a political party—and as a nation—and we as an organization benefit from staff of diverse races, ethnic origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, economic backgrounds, abilities, and other facets of our identities.
Compensation + Benefits:
- Pay: Salary is commensurate with experience, with a range of $70,000 – $80,000 per year
- Healthcare: 100% employer-paid health, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and life insurance
- Retirement Option: 10% employer match on contributions to 401(k)
- Flexible paid time off + all Federal holidays off + NDTC’s offices close for one week for Thanksgiving and a two-week winter break at the end of December.
- Equipment: Laptop, keyboard, mouse, monitor
- Professional Development: At NDTC, we value professional development and career growth. We provide $700 per calendar year for each staff member’s professional development.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. The interview process for this role will include a 3-step process which we expect to take ~1.5 months.
To apply please email [email protected] with:
- Your resume.
- In lieu of a traditional cover letter, please provide a PDF with a 1-2 paragraph response to the question: “What are the three most important factors needed to build a strong social media community?”
- The date you are available to start.
Please list “Social Media Strategist Position” in the subject line. No calls, please.