Location: Chicago, IL
Want to help thousands of candidates, staffers, and leaders across the country? Want to help progressive and Democratic organizations build long-term power we as Democrats need for success, not just this year, but for years to come? Do you want to be a part of a team of creative, passionate, and driven individuals who sincerely care about the work they are doing? Do you want to use your skills, relationships, and expertise to help your community and your country?
The National Democratic Training Committee (NDTC) is a hybrid PAC that offers free, interactive online and live training for Democratic candidates, staff, and leaders. We aim to empower any Democrat who wants to be involved in politics with the tools needed to be successful.
We are seeking a senior level experienced political operative who can help grow our partnerships program ensure the NDTC is playing a prominent role within the Democratic community.
The Political Director works closely with and reports directly to our CEO to manage our existing robust partnerships and develop new relationships with organizations across the country. This position is based in Chicago, IL and would only be considered as a remote position for the right, senior level applicant.
The NDTC currently works with all 50 state parties and more than 100 Democratic and progressive organizations. The PD must embrace our philosophy of “cooperative, not competitive.” The PD should be able to turn vision into action to expand the NDTC’s partnership program.
- Develop and strengthen the NDTC Political Department, including identifying strategic opportunities for growth and success.
- Oversee development of a national political outreach plan by working with state-based and other partners to plan, implement, and evaluate programmatic decision points.
- Identify, track, and report on targeted KPI’s as a measurement of success.
- Coordinate with other departments within NDTC to ensure that the political program aligns with our broader strategy.
- Travel as needed (up to 50%) to attend events, meetings, conferences, etc.
- Have 5+ years of experience in electoral, civic engagement, or political campaigns
- Have a strong political network and relationships with leaders within the national Democratic landscape
- Have experience working across departments or teams within an organization
- Have exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Are outcomes focused, well-organized, and have a sense of humor
- Work well with deadlines and fast-paced environments
- Are able to communicate effectively and build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders, trainees, staff, and others.
- Have a thorough understanding of the current national political landscape.
About NDTC as an Employer
NDTC believes that our differences enhance our strength as a political party—and as a nation—and we as an organization benefit from a staff of diverse races, ethnic origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, economic backgrounds, abilities, and other facets of our identities.
Salary is commensurate with experience, with a range of $90,000 – $120,000 per year. NDTC offers a strong benefits package including health insurance with the employee premium paid-in-full by NDTC after 60 days, a 10% match on employee contributions to 401(k) after 4 months, gym membership, a flexible paid time off policy, and more.
To apply, email resume and cover letter to [email protected] with a subject line of “Political Director.” No calls, please. In your cover letter, please include the date on which you would be available to start. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.