Position: Trainer Engagement Manager
Organization: National Democratic Training Committee
Location: Chicago, IL
Want to help thousands of candidates, staffers, and leaders across the country? Want to help progressive and Democratic organizations build the long-term power needed for success, not just this year, but for years to come? Do you want to be a part of a team of creative, passionate, and driven individuals who sincerely care about the work they are doing? Do you want to use your skills, relationships, and expertise to help your community and your country?
The National Democratic Training Committee (NDTC) is a hybrid PAC that offers free, interactive online and in-person training for Democratic candidates, staff, and leaders. We aim to empower any Democrat who wants to be involved in politics with the tools needed to be successful.
The NDTC runs an aggressive live-training program in all 50 states. To execute a program of this scale and ensure we provide the highest level of effective training, we have a group of highly talented trainers located across the country who have been recruited, screened, and trained by NDTC. The Trainer Engagement Manager of NDTC Trainers oversees and coaches this group of 50+ individuals.
The Trainer Engagement Manager (TEM) is a relationship-focused, data-driven professional, who helps implement the broad goals and strategies of the live, in-person training program through their work with trainers and the team to ensure live trainings are successes.
The TEM manages relationships, provides feedback, and implements curriculum-driven strategies to increase our scalability with our national live training program The TEM will serve as the main point of contact for all NDTC trainers for logistics, curriculum, and coaching to ensure consistency across programs and curriculum.
- Set and implement communications, community building, and professional development strategies for the internal community of NDTC Trainers
- Organize the community of existing trainers and develop innovative programs for coaching and providing feedback to trainers, including trainer evaluation report maintenance to the entire organization
- Create and maintain content for the trainer community and assisting in curriculum development for the live training programs
- Summarize insights and conversations to create actionable, NDTC-facing reports that lead to program improvements
- Respond to comments, feedback, concerns, when appropriate, in order to foster a positive community and add value to the user’s experience
- Attend live training events as needed and support the efforts of the live training team as needed
- Collaborate on the operational efforts for live trainings across the country which includes but is not limited to –
- Booking venues and negotiating fees
- Booking travel and lodging for trainers and staff
- Plan menus, order food, and/or hire caterers
- Ensure staff is adequately prepared for events.
- Manage budgets and provide adequate reporting documentation, including trainer reimbursement expenses
- Work collaboratively with the operations team
- Coordinate staff responsible for event coordination activities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- 2-3 years of experience managing teams and/or logistics
- At least 1 year of experience working of political campaign experience preferred
- Experience in Google Suites
- Have experience working across departments or teams within an organization.
- Are outcomes-focused, well-organized, and have a sense of humor.
- Work well with deadlines and fast-paced environments.
- Are able to communicate effectively and build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders, trainees, staff, and others.
About NDTC as an Employer
This full-time position reports to the Live Training Director and is located in downtown Chicago.
NDTC believes that our differences enhance our strength as a political party—and as a nation—and we as an organization benefit from staff of diverse races, ethnic origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, economic backgrounds, abilities, and other facets of our identities.
Salary is commensurate with experience, with a range of $45,000 – $55,000 per year. NDTC offers a strong benefits package including health insurance with the employee premium paid-in-full by NDTC, a 10% employer match on contributions to 401(k), short and long-term disability and life insurance, as well as a flexible paid time off policy.
To apply, email resume and cover letter to [email protected] – subject line “Trainer Engagement Manager.” No calls, please. In your cover letter, please include the date on which you would be available to start.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.