About the Course
Your campaign needs a budget to ensure you have the cash to see you through to Election Day (as well as a system to to track donations and expenses that complies with your state’s laws). This course helps you build both. It provides templates and tools to make it as straightforward as possible, even for folks who might have some math anxiety.
When to Take This Course
Take this course before you start raising or spending money to make sure you’re following applicable laws from day one. It’ll be most useful if you’ve already calculated your vote goal and know how many people your budget needs to let you talk to.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Develop a winning budget for your campaign
- Track your campaign’s outgoing expenses
- Track your campaign’s incoming donations
- Write a compliance plan for your campaign
- Report on your campaign’s finances, in accordance with applicable laws
By the end of this course, you will have these resources for your campaign:
- A Budget Template
- An Expense Tracker
- A Contribution Tracker
- An Example Compliance Plan
- The “Getting Started” Checklist