What You’ll Learn
- How to segment and target your campaign’s voter universe
- How to create effective organic digital media
- How to assess paid media opportunities
- Best practices for your campaign communications strategy
Why This is Important
To build your campaign’s communications strategy, you need to know which tools you have at your disposal. Perhaps even more significantly, you want to know what those tools are for and when they are most appropriately applied. Thinking critically about how your campaign spends its money and time to connect with voters is a must for any successful communications professional.
- Direct Mail and Ad Strategy Template
- Assessing Paid Media Worksheet
- Campaign Communications and the Media – This course will define the relationship between your campaign and the media, and outline your role as a communications staffer./
- Earned Media Writing Guide for Political Campaigns – Learn how to write press advisories, press releases, op-eds, and letters to the editor.
- Campaign Style Guides and Press Kits – This course will familiarize you with the basic elements of style guidance and how to create and use style guides and press kits.