About the Course
In this course, develop your campaign message to help people understand why you’re running and why they should support you. You also draft your stump speech and learn skills to stay on message during media interviews or when speaking publicly.
When to Take This Course
Before you can start talking to voters and soliciting support, you need to know what you’re going to say to them. This course is ideal for candidates early in their campaign. However, if your message isn’t resonating well or needs some work, this course can help you retool.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Develop a clear and concise core message for your campaign
- Learn how to use storytelling to effectively communicate with any audience about any policy issue
- Draft a standard, 3-minute version of your stump speech
- Cultivate the skills to stay on message, whether you’re speaking to a group of supporters or the media
By the end of this course, you will have these resources for your campaign:
- The “Finding Your Stories” Worksheet
- The “Finding Your Why” Worksheet
- The “Core Message Rubric” Rubric
- A Stump Speech Example with Annotations
- A List of “Staying on Message” Prompts