What You’ll Learn
- How to identify and grow your digital audience
- How to build your digital calendar, website and Facebook Page
- How to develop and send your first campaign email
Why This is Important
It’s the 21st century — your campaign needs to be online! Most campaigns need a website, a Facebook page, and an email list to communicate with supporters–and recruit more. This course helps you launch all three of those, and provides guidance about what to share where — and how to effectively incorporate these tools into your campaign so they amplify all the work you’re already doing.
- Your Audience — a worksheet to help you identify and target the people you’ll aim to reach on via digital
- Website Building Blocks — a detailed list of the key information that should be on your campaign website
- Tips & Tricks for Recording Digital Videos
- Email Checklist — a list of to-do’s before hitting send on your emails
- Crafting Your Message — Your website and social media pages are great places to share your message with potential supporters and draw them into your campaign. But first you need to develop the story and message you want to share!
- Writing Your Communications Plan — You want to project a consistent, unified message so whether your supporters hear you at an event, read about you in the newspaper, or check your Facebook page, they’re seeing the same messaging. To do that, you need a communications plan!
- Raising Money — You won’t raise your whole campaign budget by emailing and Tweeting at people, but digital platforms can help you bring in some funds for your campaign. This course will help you make the most of these revenue streams