About the Course
In this course we focus on the role unions can play in your campaign and how you can develop those relationships. By the end of this course, you will understand the benefits which accompany a union endorsement, and begin to consider how you might make the most of those in your campaign. You will also develop a prioritized list of unions, and contacts at each, whose endorsements your campaign should seek.
When to Take This Course
If you’ve started getting endorsement questionnaires from unions, take this course now! If you don’t have those in hand yet, this course is best taken after you have your basic campaign plan in place and are determining your strategies and how to meet your fundraising, volunteer, and vote goals (preview: unions might be able to help).
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Make the most of union endorsements in your campaign
- Develop a prioritized list of unions and contacts whose endorsements your campaign should seek
- Navigate the process of earning a union endorsement
- Deliver a 2-3 minute endorsement pitch to a union representative
By the end of this course, you will have these resources for your campaign:
- Worksheet: “Planning to Earn Union Support”
- A list of union policy websites
- An example Endorsement Pitch