What You’ll Learn
- How the individual and social selves shape our democracy
- Frameworks for understanding and advocating for diversity and inclusion
- How individual agency can be used to drive systemic change
Why This is Important
Working in Democratic politics is all about making positive changes in society. That means building a democracy that respects the inherent human dignity of all people.
By making the choice to run for office or support a candidate who is running, you’ve made the choice to play an active and visible role in shaping the culture of American politics. This course will help orient you to this landscape and introduce ways in which you can be a positive actor and contributor to conversations about equity and justice in political organizing. Our hope is that you find something of value that encourages you to grow as a colleague and as a communicator on behalf of your campaign or organization.
- SMART Goals and Action Plan Template
- NDTC IAT Reflection Guide
- Equitable and Inclusive Campaign Practices— In part two of this series, learn how to apply the concepts you learn in Foundations to campaigning and leading teams
- Creating a Positive Team Culture— Learn how to set inclusive and supportive norms on your team, and support each other in developing your resilience practices