What You’ll Learn
- Your role in speaking to the media
- How your work intersects with the Communications team’s
- Components of an effective campaign message
Why This is Important
All members of the campaign team need a basic understanding of what the Communications team does and what roles you will play in aiding the Communications team throughout the campaign.
- Press Release and Press Advisory Guide
- Sample Candidate Megan Hammond’s Communications Plan
- Intro to Fundraising — If you’re not on the Fundraising team, you’ll be collaborating with them too. This course will help you get a high-level view of their work and areas for potential collaboration
- Intro to Field — Learn about all the ways the Field team and their volunteers share the campaign’s message with voters one-on-one
Public Relations & Political Consultant
Linara Davidson is the Managing Director for Development and External affairs at East Harlem Tutorial Program (EHTP) where she is responsible for raising $7 million of the operating budget, building relationships and working with media. She comes to EHTP from the public relations and government sector, and is currently an adjunct instructor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice. She recently worked for Hillary for America. Prior to that, Linara worked as a Vice President at Ogilvy Public Relations in their Corporate Group. She also served in New York City government for nine years in various capacities, and in 2012, was recognized by City & State as one of the city's top 40 under 40 Political Rising Stars.
Linara served on the Board of Trustees for the Cathedral School of St. John the Divine for eight years; Advocates for Youth for six years; and is currently on a board member for the National Black Theatre. Linara received her MPA at Columbia University's School of International and Public Affairs and is a graduate of New York University where she holds a B.S. in Humanities.