About the Course
Still deciding whether running for office is right for you? At the very beginning stages of your campaign? This course is right for you. This course will help you decide whether you should run for office, what you want to run for, and when. You’ll outline your campaign’s timeline, map out what areas you need to develop to be a successful candidate, and create your candidate training plan.
When to Take This Course
We recommend this as the first NDTC course you take, as it provides some helpful background and instructions that will help you as you continue through additional courses. If you are still deciding on whether or not to run, great—you’re starting at the right place.
By the end of this course, you will be ready to:
- Decide whether you want to run, what you want to run for, and when.
- Outline your campaign’s timeline.
- Build your skills as a candidate and manager of your own success with NDTC’s online trainings.
By the end of this course, you will have these resources for your campaign:
- A Research Guide to prepare your run
- A Sample Campaign Timeline & Syllabus