What You’ll Learn
- How to decide whether you want to run for office, what you want to run for, and when
- How to use NDTC’s online candidate trainings to build your skills as a candidate and run a winning campaign
Why This is Important
Running for office is a big decision. Don’t enter into it lightly. In this course, you’ll consider all your options, navigate the conversations that will help you decide, and — if you decide to run — start making a plan to win.
- Research Your Race Worksheet — to prepare your run
- Getting Your Campaign Off the Ground — After you’ve decided to run, your first step should be to take this course to learn how to get your name on the ballot and lay the essential groundwork
- Understanding the Democratic Party — To navigate your way through Democratic politics, you should understand the party’s infrastructure. This course will help you better understand the Democratic Party and the ecosystem that will help you get elected to office