What You’ll Learn
- The power of telling stories and when it can be a useful tool
- How to identify the four elements of telling your Story of Self in a political setting
- How to develop and practice telling your Story of Self
Why This is Important
You have limited time and money — but you can bring more people into your campaign and have a wider group to spread the work around. The story of your journey to political work is powerful and can inspire others to join your campaign. Learn to tell that story concisely and effectively so it resonates with your audience, builds your relationship with them, and moves them to vote or volunteer!
- Story of Self Worksheet
- Story of Self Feedback Guide
- Creating a Positive Team Culture — Sharing your story with your teammates can build trust and support the culture you’re trying to build.
- Story of Self, P. 2: Tailoring Your Story (coming soon) — Adapting your story to the specific audience you’ll be sharing it with is a key component to sharing your story effectively
This training is based on the work of Marshall Ganz at Harvard University. We are very grateful for his leadership in this space.