What You’ll Learn
- How to create and manage your calendar
- How to prioritize your time to be as effective as possible
- How to develop a plan for maintaining campaign-work-life balance
Why This is Important
As a candidate, it can be challenging to manage all of the events, responsibilities, meetings, and deadlines associated with your campaign. In this course, you will make a plan to organize your campaign life and set priorities.
- “Big Rocks, Small Rocks” Worksheet — an activity that will help you prioritize
- Sample Annotated Daily Agenda
- Building Your Volunteer Team — Building up a strong team and delegating work to them will help you make the most of your time
Kelly is the Founder and CEO of the National Democratic Training Committee.
He has worked on dozens of campaigns at every level across the country. Kelly's specialty is in new campaign creation, candidate and staff training, and fundraising.
In addition to working for 18+ years in Democratic politics, he teaches a class on political campaigns at DePaul University in Chicago, where he lives with his family and dog, a large hungry blue Weimaraner named Jack Bauer. Kelly started his career in 1998 with Rep. Dennis Moore in KS-03. He's an avid basketball and poker player, though never at the same time. His wife would point out that at no time in this biography was he described as "good" at either hobby. That was a conscious decision.