About the Course
Communicating your message effectively is essential if you are going to convince people that you deserve their vote. In this course, you will plan how to use the communication tools available to you to get your message to the right people at the right time.
When to Take This Course
You should take this course after taking Crafting Your Message and Digital 101. This is the last course in the Messaging & Communications course track. Because you want to communicate effectively from day one and start building relationships with the media, we encourage you to finish this track prior to launching your campaign, or as early in your campaign as possible.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Build relationships and communicate with media
- Target the right messages to the right people on the right platforms
- Schedule campaign communications & build a communications calendar
- Determine what paid media are right for your campaign
By the end of this course, you will have these resources for your campaign:
- Your Media List
- A Template Press Release
- A Template Press Advisory
- A Sample & Template Communications Plan, including a Communications Calendar
- Interview Preparation Worksheet
- Assessing Paid Media Worksheet