Campaign Digital Consultant
Campaign Digital Consultant to Develop & Support Training for Campaign Staff
NDTC is hiring one consultant who specializes in digital for candidate campaigns. This consultant will be supporting curriculum revision for NDTC’s Staff Academy, which is a program designed to recruit, train, and connect new staff to paid career opportunities in Democratic politics across the country. When selecting program participants, we prioritize leaders who are women, trans and non-binary, and people of color.
Campaign Digital Consultant
We are hiring a campaign digital consultant to support our third cohort of aspiring campaign digital staffers (part of our Staff Academy). The consultant will:
- Facilitate up to 6 webinars that provide an opportunity for trainees to practice and further engage with the on-demand online trainings they are taking during the 10-week program (requires Tuesday and Thursday evening availability between January and March)
- Provide feedback on trainees’ assignments in writing, with occasional video chats to provide one-on-one coaching as needed
- Coach trainees in weekly office hours held via webinar (7pm CT on Thursdays) and answering questions via Slack (some Saturdays)
- Assist in the creation and review of the in-person training curriculum, including the following:
- Digital campaign plan peer review materials, rubrics for a digital plan pitch, and develop in-depth live training sessions to build on Online Training curriculum
- Assistance reviewing and building campaign scenarios for live training activities
- Debrief the in-person training curriculum and experience
- Facilitate sessions at the culminating Staff Academy Live Training via Zoom on March 18-20, 2022.
- At least 1 cycle of experience as a Digital Director on a candidate campaign and 4+ years of political digital experience
- Experience training others in political digital tactics or other education/training experience
- The ideal person for this role is a full-time consultant who is NOT open to joining a 2022 campaign full-time.
- You MUST be fully available for a curriculum walk-thru in Feb 2022 (date TBD) in preparation for the virtual live training; a logistics run-thru on March 17th; and March 18th-20th for the culminating virtual live training event.
Time Expectations & Compensation:
The contract will run January 4, 2022 – April 30, 2022 with a mandatory onboarding in December (exact date TBD). The monthly expectation is 20 to 80 hours with the possibility for exception. Please note, February and March of 2022 are expected to be the busiest months in this contract. The rate for this role is $60/hour.
- December: 20 – 25 hours
- January: 20 – 25 hours
- February: 50 – 55 hours
- March: 35 – 40 hours
- April: 1 – 3 hours
Please submit the following items (cover letters are not requested) via email to [email protected] with the subject line “Campaign Digital Consultant Application.” Applications received by November 30th, 2021 will be given priority consideration. No calls, please.
- Your resume in PDF format
- Two references (preferably current or former consulting clients)
- Two to three examples of digital content you created with a 1-paragraph explanation of the key metrics used to evaluate the success of the content.
- Review and provide your feedback on the simulated trainee assignment included below. The trainee assignment is to create an auto-send email series for a new email subscriber. The materials you will need are: