Data Analyst Fellow
Remote | Chicago, IL
The National Democratic Training Committee is looking for paid fellows to assist the data team with their operations. As a data fellow, you will report directly to our Data Analyst – as part of the marketing team; you will also collaborate closely with the Product & Technology team.
Data fellows are responsible for assisting NDTC teams organization-wide with their data-related needs, using data as a foundation for communication and marketing programs, and developing strategies to effectively use data analysis to improve NDTC as a whole! Your projects cover the full data lifecycle including strategy, research, coding, evaluation and analysis, and reporting to other teams.
Some of the projects you’ll work on include:
- Create reports that highlight relevant data for teams across the organization
- Handle a wide-range of data-related requests from all of NDTC teams
- Track political candidates who have used NDTC resources through a wide variety of platforms, including our in person and virtual trainings, online academy, and other resources
- Work on our peer-to-peer texting programs
- Use programming languages to compile course statistics and demographic data on NDTC trainees
- Create dashboards in Tableau to visualize various data that we collect
- Work with external partners to promote NDTC trainings to potential candidates, campaign staff, and local leaders
- Use Google Analytics to track conversions and other insights
- Compile research on Democratic infrastructure
- Mentor and assist the data team’s interns
- Experience using R, SQL, Excel, or similar.
- Experience using visualization tools and web analytics like Google Analytics and Tableau (not required)
- Ability to analyze and report data in order to help direct organizational decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a diverse, passionate, and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating.
- Interest in and passion for supporting progressive politics
Time Expectation and Compensation:
The fellowship will run 6 months (June 2021 – November 2021) with an expected commitment of at least 30 hours per week. Fellowships with NDTC are paid at $20/hr.
About NDTC as an Employer
NDTC believes that our differences enhance our strength as a political party—and as a nation—and we as an organization benefit from staff of diverse races, ethnic origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, economic backgrounds, abilities, and other facets of our identities.
How To Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in PDF format via email to [email protected] with the subject line “Data Analyst Fellowship Application.” Applications received by May 1, 2021 will be given priority consideration but we will continue to accept on a rolling basis until the position is filled.