Director of Training Curriculum
Are you ready to lead the largest Democratic training program in the country? Do you want to take a national program to the next level? Do you want to have a massive impact in 2020?
This is your opportunity to help progressive and Democratic organizations build the long-term power needed for success, not just this year, but for years to come.
As part of the senior leadership team, the Director of Training Curriculum will work with a collaborative team of political, program, product, design, and technology experts to build compelling and effective training for candidates, staff, and local leaders. You will set the vision and strategy for our knowledge base, best practices, and online program management.
In 2019 NDTC partnered with state parties, labor unions, political and advocacy organizations, and others to train more than 17,000 people in all 50 states. We need you to help take this program to the next level in 2020.
To succeed in this role, you will need political, campaign, and training experience, as well as a desire to apply your expertise across a broad spectrum of existing in-depth training and content. You will manage existing curriculum as well as prioritize and lead the development of new training materials and content for the organization.
Curriculum Development and Training Program Management:
- Direct the vision and strategy for updating, maintaining, and adding to NDTC’s online and in-person training curriculum while keeping current with the latest research and innovations for effective campaign strategies and tactics
- Ensure NDTC’s training curriculum is inclusive of and reflective of the diversity of the Democratic party and develop content to support the needs of trainees from various identity groups including women, people of color, and LGBTQIA+ individuals
- Develop and execute a process to ensure training remains consistent across all modalities of training programs including live/in-person training, online training, and the Staff Academy cohort program
- Drive training curriculum goals and priorities, including planning and project management from inception to launch
- Utilize research, data and analytics, and user feedback to ensure that curriculum is effective and useful for trainees and to guide future training additions and updates
- Design and manage the online training program, including developing and executing pathways for learning based on real world applications, live online webinars and office hours, and engaging online trainees to answer questions and comments through email, course forums, and dedicated social media peer groups
Internal and External Leadership:
- Engage as a member of NDTC’s senior leadership team supporting organizational wide priorities including strategic planning, diversity and inclusion efforts, and budgeting
- Be a leader of leaders to train NDTC’s staff who interact with curriculum (including Live Training team, and Staff Academy team) as well as instructional designers and external consultants, who help design curriculum, to implement the training curriculum and educational methods
- Collaborate with the data & analytics, research, design, and development teams to create an effective and impactful training experience
- Partner with marketing to create various recruitment and retention campaigns to engage new trainees and re-engage current online trainees at various points throughout their campaigns
- Partner with NDTC leaders in political advocacy, fundraising, communications, PR, and operations to create and foster an understanding of how training impacts and effects the other parts of the organization and that all staff can appropriately promote and advocate for NDTC’s training programs
- Demonstrate a commitment to equity and inclusion within NDTC using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and socio-economic circumstance
- Represent NDTC as a convening leader of the Progressive Training Collaborative, a coalition of training organizations across the country, to identify best practices, opportunities for partnership and collaboration, and solutions to common challenges
- Manage and coach a team of 3-5 instructional designers promoting NDTC’s robust culture of excellence and commitment to learning including the establishment of professional development pathways
- Recruit and maintain relationships with best-in-class political and education consultants to support and/or execute the creation of training materials
- Review and provide substantive feedback on course curricula to ensure it follows campaign and NDTC best practices
- Political campaign experience in at least two election cycles at the local, state or federal level including experience in a leadership position working on campaign in management, training, field, and/or finance is required
- Experience designing and delivering training content for various audiences and modalities with a commitment to inclusivity, ability to adapt content to diverse methods of training and creative approaches to developing engaging, scalable curriculum within the organization’s programming. While previous experience with online training is a plus, it is not required
- Demonstrable track record as a people manager with success in managing, growing, and inspiring a talented diverse team to achieve excellent results
- Superb written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to prioritize work and execute lateral management across organizational teams for maximum impact across the organization’s priorities
About NDTC as an Employer
The National Democratic Training Committee (NDTC) is a hybrid PAC that offers free, interactive online and in-person training for Democratic candidates, staff, and leaders. We aim to empower any Democrat who wants to be involved in politics with the tools needed to be successful.
This full-time position located in Chicago will join the Experience Development Department, directly manage a team of 3-5 staff members, and report to the Chief Experience Officer.
NDTC believes that our differences enhance our strength as a political party—and as a nation—and we as an organization benefit from staff of diverse races, ethnic origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, economic backgrounds, abilities, and other facets of our identities.
Salary is commensurate with experience, with a starting range of $110,000 – $130,000 per year. NDTC offers a strong benefits package including health insurance with the employee premium paid-in-full by NDTC, a 10% employer match on contributions to 401(k), short and long-term disability and life insurance, as well as a flexible paid time off policy. Additionally, NDTC’s offices close for a full week each year during Thanksgiving, final week of December, and first week in January as well as all Federal holidays.
To apply, email resume (in PDF format) and cover letter to [email protected] – subject line “Director of Training Curriculum.” No calls, please. In your cover letter, please include the date on which you would be available to start.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.