Email Marketing Specialist
Remote | Chicago, IL
Are you an expert at email marketing?
Do you write in an engaging, fun, and inviting way that results in direct action from your reader?
Do you want to help elect Democrats across the country?
This is your opportunity to help Democratic candidates, staff, and local leaders access the resources they need to win in 2020 and beyond.
As part of the Communications and Marketing team, the email marketing specialist is in charge of NDTC’s robust email marketing program. You are the voice of NDTC to our subscribers and communicate to both NDTC’s email list and users in NDTC’s Online Academy.
To succeed in this role, you will drive sign-up for NDTC programs through email marketing lead generation and funnels. You own and execute NDTC’s email strategy and will build effective email campaigns for NDTC programs and the NDTC Online Academy. You will advise NDTC team members on email strategy and become an expert using NDTC’s email software, Drip.
In this position, you will:
- Write, edit, design, and deploy engaging email campaigns. This includes scheduling, testing, and tagging of one-time, recurring, triggered, and dynamic content-driven campaigns.
- Maintain QA process to ensure all email communications are brand compliant.
- Identify opportunities to improve existing and develop new email campaigns that drive engagement and conversions.
- Lead NDTC’s email strategy, including managing NDTC’s email marketing calendar.
- Consistently create well-written copy that reflects the NDTC voice and is inviting, engaging, grammatically correct, and motivates readers to take direct action.
- Serve as NDTC’s in-house expert for our email marketing software, Drip.
- Segment and target emails to ensure content is sent to the correct audience.
- Compile and analyze all data related to a successful email marketing program and use it to improve email strategy.
- Assist in developing and executing NDTC’s texting strategy.
We’re looking for someone who has (Must-Haves):
- 3+ years of experience with email marketing, marketing automation, and nurturing consumer engagement leading to conversion.
- Working knowledge of CAN-SPAM, email best practices, including design principles, metrics, data hygiene and compliance.
- Superb writing abilities
- A firm grasp on AP style (and strong feelings on the Oxford comma.)
- Ability to develop and implement automated email campaigns and email nurturing funnels.
The experience we hope you bring to the table (Nice-to-Have):
- At least one cycle of political experience
- Knowledge of Drip’s email marketing software
- Basic knowledge of HTML
About NDTC as an Employer
The National Democratic Training Committee (NDTC) is a hybrid PAC that offers free, interactive online and in-person training for Democratic candidates, staff, and leaders. We aim to empower any Democrat who wants to be involved in politics with the tools needed to be successful.
Due to COVID-19, this position is remote through at least early 2021. NDTC will reopen an office in Chicago, IL when it is safe for us to resume working in an office, traveling, and holding in-person meetings. At that time, this role will be based in Chicago, IL. This position reports to the Interim Marketing Director.
NDTC believes that our differences enhance our strength as a political party—and as a nation—and we as an organization benefit from staff of diverse races, ethnic origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, economic backgrounds, abilities, and other facets of our identities.
Salary is commensurate with experience, with a starting range of $60,000 – $70,000 per year. NDTC offers a strong benefits package including health insurance with the employee premium paid-in-full by NDTC, a 10% employer match on contributions to 401(k), short and long-term disability and life insurance, as well as a flexible paid time off policy. Additionally, NDTC’s offices close for a full week each year during Thanksgiving, final week of December, and first week in January as well as all Federal holidays.
To apply, email your resume to [email protected] – subject line “Email Marketing Specialist.” In lieu of a cover letter, send us an engaging email on why you’re the best fit for the job. Include a copy of your email as a PDF. No calls, please. In your email, please include the date on which you would be available to start. Applications received by August 25, 2020 will receive priority consideration.