Graphic Design Intern
Graphic Design Intern
As a Graphic Designer Intern, you will work as part of our growing Communications Team at NDTC. This position will work directly with the Associate Director of Digital Marketing and UX Designer/Brand Guide Specialist.
What you will be doing:
- Support the Comms Team by designing and updating marketing collateral, including white papers, social graphics, and other creatives
- Assist in the production of branded graphics and videos, which may include uploading content to social media platforms.
- Perform research for, storyboarding and designing PowerPoint/Google Slide presentations for a wide range of teams and projects.
- Work collaboratively with cross-disciplinary teams to produce marketing collateral.
- Assist with maintaining brand guidelines and contributing to the brand’s visual identity.
- Work with third-party agencies on reviewing and maintaining brand cohesiveness on visual and graphics.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of an incredible team
- Ability to work from an existing design or from scratch, always utilizing our pre-established brand guidelines
- Initiative, enthusiasm, passion, creativity, and motivation
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivation, attention to detail, and desire to produce the highest quality work
- An eye for good composition, color pairing, whitespace, and layout
The experience we hope you bring to the table:
- Proficiency in Adobe CS, including Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Solid understanding of Canva and Google Suite products
- College/University student pursuing an undergraduate degree that’s relevant to the role
- Prior graphic design experience required
- Has created graphic material content specifically for social media platforms
Internships with NDTC are paid $15 per hour. We are located in Downtown Chicago. This position would be asked to commit to about 30–40 hours a week but we are flexible to work with people who can commit to at least 15–20 hours a week.
Please send your resume, cover letter, link to a portfolio of work (clearly defining what you did or contributed in the examples provided), and what software have you used with level of proficiency to [email protected] with “Graphic Design Internship” in the subject line.