Live Training Curriculum Specialist
Remote | Chicago, IL
Do you want to help thousands of Democratic candidates, staffers, and leaders across the country win their campaigns and build long-term power for success? Do you dream of creating dynamic training content for live settings to impact this change?
NDTC runs an aggressive training program in all 50 states; however, due to the coronavirus, all training programs are currently virtual with the goal to resume in-person trainings when it is safe to do so. To date, NDTC has trained over 100,000 people and over 1,400 candidates in the 2020 election cycle alone. In order to execute a program of this scale and ensure we provide participants with the best training possible, we have a talented group of trainers from across the country to deliver our scalable live training offerings.
Our trainings are driven by strategic learning objectives and full of the information, resources, and tools our trainees need to be successful on their campaigns and in their communities. These are not your typical training sessions! Our virtual trainings are interactive, experienced-focus, and engaging.
NDTC is looking for a Live Training Curriculum Specialist to own strategy, creation, and project management of live training curriculum that is reflective of audience members, the political cycle, and the internal NDTC calendar. Programming must include an attention to the art of facilitation and creating a dynamic environment in a live, synchronous event. We are looking for an individual to help bring creative approaches for how to scale live (and virtual) training content while optimizing audience engagement and participation.
- Create Google Slides, facilitation guides, facilitation language, and contextual learning resources for trainers, trainees, and staff (as needed)
- Tailor training content with state-specific information relevant to the political training materials and political partnership resources (in collaboration with the Political Team)
- Ensure consistency in our live training content with existing organizational content in collaboration with Curriculum Team
- Facilitate a weekly collaborative meeting to workshop live training decks
- Evaluate and provide suggestions to iterate training content based on feedback from trainees, trainers, and the team
- Execute logistics during live training events (after COVID-19 and travel resumes) and virtual live training events.
- At least 2 years of experience working on or with political campaigns and working knowledge of the Democratic political ecosystem
- Experience developing and delivering training in a live setting
- Experience in Google Suites (and with Google Slides)
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to backwards map, prioritize, and have lateral management with collaborative team members
Nice-to-Haves, but Not Required Experiences and Skills:
- Foundational knowledge on learning theories (such as adult learning theory)
- Familiarity with virtual training environment tools (such as Zoom)
- Consideration for design detail for materials with a lens on user accessibility
About NDTC as an Employer
This full-time position will join the Live Training team and will report to the Director of Live Training.
Due to COVID-19, this position is remote through at least early 2021. NDTC will reopen an office in Chicago, IL when it is safe for us to resume working in an office, traveling, and holding in-person meetings. At that time, this role will be based in Chicago, IL.
NDTC believes that our differences enhance our strength as a political party—and as a nation—and we as an organization benefit from staff of diverse races, ethnic origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, economic backgrounds, abilities, and other facets of our identities.
Salary is commensurate with experience, and begins at $60,000-$70,000 per year. NDTC offers a strong benefits package including health insurance with the employee premium paid-in-full by NDTC, a 10% employer match on contributions to 401(k), short and long-term disability and life insurance, as well as a flexible paid time off policy.
To apply, email your resume in PDF format to [email protected] – subject line “Live Training Curriculum Specialist.” Instead of a traditional cover letter, please include a PDF with:
- 1-2 paragraph response answering “What are the most important considerations when designing a training product for a live (synchronous) training and why?”
- Date on which you would be available to start.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.