Remote | Chicago, IL
What are you looking for in your next role?
Do you want to do something more? Do you want to be a part of the moment to change things in this country? Do you want to be a part of a team of creative, passionate, and driven individuals who sincerely care about the work they are doing?
The National Democratic Training Committee (NDTC) is a not-for-profit, start-up Political Action Committee with a mission to help real people change the world by teaching them how to run for office, run campaigns, and lead progressive change in their communities. We offer free, interactive online and live training for Democratic candidates, leaders, and staff.
We are looking for a Marketing Director to develop, grow, and lead our communications team.
The marketing director is responsible for the development, overall coordination, management, and execution of the NDTC marketing, communication, and conversion strategy. This includes trainee recruitment, activation as a learner in the Academy, and on-going learning and engagement. Additionally, this role manages the marketing team and is responsible for oversight of the NDTC social community.
This position works collaboratively with the full NDTC team to develop and ensure consistency of goals and messaging across all NDTC communication channels, including trainee and donor communications, overall user experience, shared media, on-site and blog content, partner communications, online live appearances and training, and more.
The MD works as an integrated part of the overall communications team. This includes working with in-house team members, external earned media consultants, and rockstar interns. The MCD also collaborates with the full NDTC team to make sure marketing and communications efforts align with and drive organizational goals.
- Create and implement an integrated marketing strategy that drives NDTC organizational goals.
- Engage as a member of NDTC’s senior leadership team supporting organizational wide priorities including strategic planning, diversity and inclusion efforts, and budgeting.
- Create effective lead funnels to drive visitors to the NDTC website and convert them to engaged community members.
- Develop marketing messaging and ensure consistency of NDTC message and brand across all channels.
- Use data to measure success and make strategic changes in marketing efforts.
- Write and/or edit blog posts, emails, video scripts, and partner communications.
- Understand SEO and how to use it to drive potential trainees to NDTC website.
- Lead and develop a diverse marketing team who support and drive the organization’s goals.
- Provide support to all departments and their team members.
- Work with strategic partners and state and local parties on collaborative marketing efforts.
- Understand and keep a pulse on political climate and stories and be able to leverage current events as tie-in opportunities.
- Manage and coach a team of 3-5 marketing professionals promoting NDTC’s robust culture of excellence and commitment to learning including the establishment of professional development pathways.
- Substantial experience in marketing, ideally in the tech, SaaS, or online learning field.
- Significant experience managing and leading diverse teams.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to improve marketing strategies.
- Be an expert in lead generation and conversion.
- Excellent writer
- Strategic leader with an ability to work across multiple disciplines and teams.
- Applicants with experience in Democratic politics are preferred, but not required. You do need to want to make a difference and elect more Democrats.
- Demonstrable track record as a people manager with success in managing, growing, and inspiring a talented diverse team to achieve excellent results.
About NDTC as an Employer
This full-time position reports to the CEO and is remote through early 2021 with potential for onsite in Chicago in the future.
NDTC believes that our differences enhance our strength as a political party—and as a nation—and we as an organization benefit from staff of diverse races, ethnic origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, economic backgrounds, abilities, and other facets of our identities.
Salary is commensurate with experience, with a range of $110,000 – $130,000 per year. NDTC offers a strong benefits package including health insurance with the employee premium paid-in-full by NDTC, a 10% employer match on contributions to 401(k), short and long-term disability and life insurance, as well as a flexible paid time off policy.
To apply, email resume (PDF format) and cover letter to [email protected] – subject line “Marketing Director.” No calls, please. In your cover letter, please answer the following question, “What are the most important qualities of a comprehensive marketing plan?” and include the date on which you would be available to start.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.