Remote | Chicago, IL
Are you a strong project manager who is skilled at managing to the big picture AND the details? Are you excited about finding solutions to problems? Do you want to make a difference not only in the world, but for a collaborative team of leaders?
The National Democratic Training Committee (NDTC) is looking for a dedicated Operations Manager (OM) to support in all facets of the organization’s daily operations. The NDTC is a hybrid Political Action Committee (PAC) that offers free, interactive online and in-person training for Democratic candidates, staff, and leaders. We aim to empower any Democrat who wants to be involved in politics with the tools needed to be successful.
We believe by working with local candidates, we can accomplish three goals: improve the performance of every Democrat up and down the ticket, elect more Democrats to office, and create a deeper bench of qualified candidates for higher office.
Are you detail-oriented and systems-minded? The NDTC is growing and we are seeking an Operations Manager (OM) who will help us project manage, execute day-to-day operations, and ultimately help expand the department and organization. This individual will be responsible for owning projects from start to finish, as well as developing and implementing new systems as needed to streamline our work. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
- Manage the on-boarding of staff, interns, and fellows including but not limited to:
- Organizing all HR paperwork
- Tech set up
- Benefits enrollment
- Perform other on-boarding duties as assigned
- Conduct reviews of our current vendors to identify the best ones to support our growth as an organization, and doing so by owning
- Synthesizing information
- Recommendations on organizational approach to vendor selection
- Work closely with the Director of Operations to conduct an analysis of our HR systems and processes to better scale and improve our work
- Manage administrative tasks to support individual teams and the organization as a whole including but not limited to:
- Maintaining updated calendars
- Scheduling meetings and interviews
- Manage NDTC’s email correspondence with trainees, vendors, and prospective employees including but no limited to:
- Provide finance support including but not limited to:
- Processing payroll
- Processing invoices
- Coordinating contracts
- Managing receipts
- Reconciling expenses
- Manage reimbursement requests
- Manage technology and office supplies for the team and the organization as needed
- Perform other organizational duties as assigned and/or approved by supervisor
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Experience scheduling and managing calendars for
- Mid-level Management
- Knowledge and understanding of working in a large diverse office/team
- Have experience working across departments or teams within an organization
About NDTC as an Employer
The National Democratic Training Committee (NDTC) is a hybrid PAC that offers free, interactive online and in-person training for Democratic candidates, staff, and leaders. We aim to empower any Democrat who wants to be involved in politics with the tools needed to be successful.
This full-time position will join the Operations team, and reports to the Director of Operations and HR.
Due to COVID-19, this position is remote through at least early 2021. NDTC will reopen an office in Chicago, IL when it is safe for us to resume working in an office, traveling, and holding in-person meetings. At that time, this role will be based in Chicago, IL.
NDTC believes that our differences enhance our strength as a political party—and as a nation—and we as an organization benefit from staff of diverse races, ethnic origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, economic backgrounds, abilities, and other facets of our identities.
Salary is commensurate with experience, with a starting range of $70,000 – $80,000 per year. NDTC offers a strong benefits package including health insurance with the employee premium paid-in-full by NDTC, a 10% employer match on contributions to 401(k), short and long-term disability and life insurance, as well as a flexible paid time off policy. Additionally, NDTC’s offices close for a full week each year during Thanksgiving, final week of December, and first week in January as well as all Federal holidays.
To apply, email your resume in PDF format to [email protected] – subject line “Operations Manager.” Instead of a traditional cover letter, please include a PDF with a 1-2 paragraph response describing your style of leadership and approach to managing people and teams. Please also include the date on which you would be available to start. No calls, please.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.