Washington, DC | Chicago, IL | Remote
Want to help thousands of candidates, staffers, and leaders across the country? Want to help progressive and Democratic organizations build the long-term power needed for success, not just this year, but for years to come? Do you want to be a part of a team of creative, passionate, and driven individuals who sincerely care about the work they are doing? Do you want to use your skills, relationships, and expertise to help your community and your country?
The National Democratic Training Committee (NDTC) is a hybrid PAC that offers free, interactive online and in-person training for Democratic candidates, staff, and leaders. We aim to empower any Democrat who wants to be involved in politics with the tools needed to be successful.
The Political Associate is an integral part of NDTC’s Political Team. The Political Associate will have the opportunity to join a collaborative, fast-paced environment in which they work closely with and learn from NDTC’s staff and partners. The Political Associate’s core job is to help manage the flow of information between NDTC and political partners, which will include maintaining databases, managing deadlines, and helping prioritize different tasks. This team member will be essential in helping NDTC grow as a leader in the Democratic training space.
In this position, you will:
- Support NDTC Political Team daily operations that maintain relationships with a diverse set of external political partner organizations, Democratic Party elected officials, and other affiliates.
- Develop an internal daily political briefing to inform NDTC staff of the most important information they need to know for the day;
- Provide research assistance to the Political Team to find and engage with new partners;
- Update and maintain the political database and internal tracking elements;
- Produce political newsletters and other mass communication for political partners;
- Assist the Political Team with scheduling;
- Collaborate with staff to leverage NDTC resources to best support external partners
- Effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with database management and internal tracking systems.
- Self-starter who can work independently, but who thrives in collaborative team environments.
- While this is an entry level/early career role, any staff or volunteer experience on electoral campaigns is a plus!
About NDTC as an Employer
This full-time position will join the Political Team and will report to the Political Director.
Due to COVID-19, this position is remote through at least early 2021 with a desire for the role to be permanently based in Washington, DC (remote) or Chicago, IL (in-person when able). NDTC will reopen an office in Chicago, IL when it is safe for us to resume working in an office, traveling, and holding in-person meetings.
NDTC believes that our differences enhance our strength as a political party—and as a nation—and we as an organization benefit from staff of diverse races, ethnic origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, economic backgrounds, abilities, and other facets of our identities.
Salary is commensurate with experience, with a starting range of $50,000 – $60,000 per year. NDTC offers a strong benefits package including health insurance with the employee premium paid-in-full by NDTC, a 10% employer match on contributions to 401(k), short and long-term disability and life insurance, as well as a flexible paid time off policy. Additionally, NDTC’s offices close for a full week each year during Thanksgiving, a 2 week winter break, and first week in January as well as all Federal holidays.
To apply, email resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Political Associate” as the subject line. In lieu of a traditional cover letter, please provide a PDF with a 1-2 paragraph response to the question: “What you think is most important when building new relationships with external partners?” Also, please include the date on which you would be available to start. No calls, please.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.