Staff Academy Communications Live Trainer and Professional Development Coach
NDTC is hiring one consultant who specializes in Communications for candidate campaigns. This consultant will be supporting curriculum revision for NDTC’s Staff Academy, which is a program designed to recruit, train, and connect new staff to paid career opportunities in Democratic politics across the country. When selecting program participants, we prioritize leaders who are women, trans and non-binary, and people of color.
Campaign Communications Live Trainer and Professional Development Coach
We are hiring a Campaign Communications Live Trainer and Professional Development Coach to support our third cohort of aspiring campaign communications staffers (part of our Staff Academy). The Coach will:
- Facilitate up to 4 webinars (Mondays at 7 pm CT) that provide an opportunity for trainees to practice and further engage with the on-demand online trainings they are taking during the 10-week program
- Provide feedback on trainees’ assignments in writing, with occasional video chats to provide one-on-one coaching as needed
- Coach trainees in weekly office hours held via webinar (7pm CT on Thursdays) and answering questions via Slack (some Saturdays before 12 pm CT)
- Create and review the in-person training curriculum and support the Director of Live Training with creating train-the-trainer materials, including the following:
- Communications campaign plan peer review materials, rubrics for a communications plan pitch, and develop in-depth live training sessions to enhance Online Training curriculum
- Train-the-trainer materials including informational guidelines, best practices, anticipated questions and answers, pragmatic examples for trainers to apply to all live training modules, job search suggestions, and end-of-program check-in reflection materials.
- Assistance reviewing and building campaign scenarios for live training activities
- Debrief the in-person training curriculum and experience
- Facilitate sessions at the culminating Staff Academy Live Training via Zoom for the full days of March 19-22, 2021
- At least 1 cycle of experience as a Communications Director on a candidate campaign OR comparable Communications Leadership role and 4+ years of political communications experience
- Experience training others in political communications or other education/training experience
- The ideal person for this role is a full-time consultant who is NOT open to joining a 2021 campaign full-time.
Time Expectations & Compensation:
The contract will run January 4, 2021 – April 30, 2021. The monthly expectation is 8 to 50 hours with the possibility for exception. Please note, February and March of 2021 are expected to be the busiest months in this contract. The rate for this role is $60/hour.
Please submit the following items (cover letters are not requested) via email to Danny Perez at [email protected] with the subject line “Campaign Communications Live Trainer and Professional Development Coach Application”. Applications received by November 13, 2020 will be given priority consideration. No calls, please.
- Your resume in PDF format
- Two references (preferably current or former consulting clients)
- 2-3 examples of communications content you created with a 1-paragraph explanation of the key metrics used to evaluate the success of the content.
- Review and provide constructive feedback on the simulated trainee assignment included below. The trainee assignment was to draft a new 3-minute stump speech for a fictional candidate’s event with the local SEIU, and they were to rewrite their candidate’s “Living Wage” and “Right to Choose” issues on their candidate’s website. The materials you will need:
a. The assignment you are evaluating
b. The rubric for evaluation (please make a copy of this rubric to record your feedback in)
c. For reference: The stump speech they were assigned to improve
d. For reference: The fictional candidate’s website