User Experience Research Fellowship
Remote | Chicago, IL
Are you a thoughtful and insightful researcher with a passion for politics? Do you want to be a part of a team of creative, passionate, and driven individuals who sincerely care about the work they are doing? Do you want to use your research skills to help your community and your country?
The National Democratic Training Committee is a not-for-profit political start-up with a mission to help real people change the world by teaching them how to run for office and impact their communities for good. We offer free, interactive online and live training for Democratic who want to run, work, and volunteer on campaigns.
The National Democratic Training Committee is looking for an entry-level researcher to help us connect to the candidates, staffers and local leaders who are creating the blue wave in 2020. As a member of our small, but growing Product & Technology team, you will be empowered to take on an active role in shaping our product strategy through user research.
- Plan and execute generative research projects aimed at understanding users and their experience in order to guide strategy and make concrete, data-driven recommendations based on findings.
- Employ quantitative and qualitative methods for design explorations and collecting and analyzing user feedback.
- Manage recruitment and scheduling for research sessions.
- Moderate usability testing sessions and user interviews.
- Communicate insights in compelling and actionable ways.
- Take ownership over research projects and create space for others to collaborate.
- Assist with other tech needs / lead other projects outside of UX research.
- Bachelor’s degree (can be in-progress) or equivalent certification(s) in human computer interaction, human factors, psychology, sociology, anthropology, political science, or related field.
- Experience conducting long-and-short-term qualitative and quantitative research for digital products and tools including but not limited to:
- Qualitative interviews
- Usability testing
- Card sorting
- Facilitating synthesis sessions
- Artisanship—detail oriented and high level of commitment to quality work.
- A track record of personal accountability, and a strong sense of urgency and ownership.
- Ability to think critically about problems and tailor methodologies in response.
- A web link or a PDF to your portfolio is “nice to have”.
(familiarity with the following tools is preferred, but not required)
- Google Suite
About NDTC as an Employer
This contract position reports to the Director of Product and Technology.
NDTC believes that our differences enhance our strength as a political party—and as a nation—and we as an organization benefit from staff of diverse races, ethnic origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, economic backgrounds, abilities, and other facets of our identities.
Salary is $20.00 per hour. Contracts are 3-months with a possible extension to 6-months, depending on budget and performance.
To apply, email resume and cover letter in PDF format to [email protected] – subject line “UX Research Fellowship.” No calls, please. In your cover letter, please include the date on which you would be available to start.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.