UX/UI Design Fellowship
Are you a thoughtful and insightful designer with a passion for politics? Do you want to be a part of a team of creative, passionate, and driven individuals who sincerely care about the work they are doing? Do you want to use your design skills to help your community and your country?
The National Democratic Training Committee is a not-for-profit political start-up with a mission to help real people change the world by teaching them how to run for office and impact their communities for good. We offer free, interactive online and live training for Democrats who want to run, work, and volunteer on campaigns.
The National Democratic Training Committee is looking for an entry-level UX/UI Designer to help us connect to the candidates, staffers and local leaders who are creating the blue wave in 2021 and beyond. As a member of our small, but growing Product & Technology team, you will be empowered to take on an active role in shaping our product.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product team, stakeholders and engineers
- Develop hi-fidelity UI mockups that clearly illustrate how products function and look like
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Proactively identify areas of improvement and potential future product enhancement, using findings from UX research and data
- Assist the UX Researcher with research projects and synthesis
- Contribute to the development of NDTC’s design system
- Create marketing assets and branding concepts
- Ensure project deliverables are completed on time and in a quality manner
- Effectively prioritizing and executing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree (can be in-progress) or equivalent certification(s) in human computer interaction, human factors, psychology, sociology, anthropology, political science, graphic design or other visual/performative arts, or any related fields.
- Experience creating human-centered design deliverables such as user personas, user journey maps, user flows, concept sketches, and both lo-fidelity and high-fidelity wireframes.
- Familiarity with long-and-short-term qualitative and quantitative research for digital products and tools including but not limited to: surveys, qualitative interviews, usability testing, prototyping, card sorting, facilitating synthesis sessions, etc.
- Artisanship—detail oriented and high level of commitment to quality work.
- A track record of personal accountability, and a strong sense of urgency and ownership.
- Ability to think critically about problems and tailor deliverables in response.
- A web link or a PDF to your portfolio.
- Familiarity or experience with creating and defining a design system is “nice to have”.
(familiarity with the following tools is preferred, but not required)
- Adobe Illustrator
- Google Suite
About NDTC as an Employer
This contract position reports to the Director of Product and Technology.
NDTC believes that our differences enhance our strength as a political party—and as a nation—and we as an organization benefit from staff of diverse races, ethnic origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, economic backgrounds, abilities, and other facets of our identities.
Salary is $20.00 per hour. The spring fellowship runs from January 10 – May 26, 2022 with the possibility of extension.
To apply, email resume and cover letter in PDF format to [email protected] – subject line “UX/UI Design Fellowship.” No calls, please. In your cover letter, please include the date on which you would be available to start.
Applications received by November 19, 2021 will be given priority consideration but will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.