Video Editor/Videographer Intern
Intern at NDTC as a Video Editor/Videographer
As a Videographer Intern, you will work as part of our growing Communications Team at NDTC.
The three main areas of focus for this specific internship will be:
- Creating compelling video content (How-Tos, Sizzle Videos, Mashups, Compilations, Explainers, etc.)
- Organizing and extending our library of video content.
- Shooting or assisting with the gathering of video content
We’re looking for a creative post editor who also has experience shooting. We need an individual who can edit everything from a high-concept video piece to a simple recap compilation video from submitted videos from our staff and nation-wide community. This position will also be posting on our various social media channels and YouTube channel, so knowing how to optimize for maximum reach or willingness to learn will be required as well.
The videos you will be creating will be used on our social media platforms, website, online advertising, emails, and so on.
We’re looking for someone who is
- Methodical and organized about having a process (this is necessary when working with various media assets)
- Creative, innovative, a go-getter, and loves to tell stories
- Has no problem interviewing people, asking questions, and learning new things
- Have strong attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot to solve problems
The experience we hope you bring to the table
- Solid experience and understanding of Premiere Pro (After Effects would be a plus)
- Prior video shooting and editing experience required
- Proficient on DSLR or similar cameras, live streaming cameras and software, and live video on social media
- (Color correcting and graphics/motion graphics a plus)
- Has created video content specifically for social media
Internships with NDTC are paid $15 per hour. We are located in Downtown Chicago. This position would be asked to commit to about 30–40 hours a week but we are flexible to work with people who can commit to at least 15–20 hours a week.
Please send your resume, cover letter, link to a portfolio of work (clearly defining what you did whether it be shooting only, post-editing only, everything, etc), and what camera equipment and software have used to [email protected] with “Video Internship” in the subject line.