NDTC Staff Academy
Do you want to work on campaigns? Do you dream of a chance to start a career in Democratic politics?
The NDTC Staff Academy is a program designed to recruit, train, and connect new staff to paid career opportunities in Democratic politics across the country. Participants choose to pursue one of three areas of career specialization:
communications (applications for the communications track are now closed), digital, or fundraising.
When inviting applicants to join our program, we prioritize leaders who are women, people of color, and trans/transgender and non-binary people.
Applications are now open. Apply before
November 17th at 11:59 pm ET to be part of our 2020 Staff Academy Cohort. DEADLINE FOR DIGITAL AND FUNDRAISING APPLICATIONS EXTENDED UNTIL 11:59pm ET ON NOVEMBER 24TH.
Apply now for our 2020 Cohort!
Have questions about the program?
- Eric Lundy, Program Director, Inclusv
- Jessica Danon, 2019 Staff Academy Graduate
- Ben Padleckas, 2019 Staff Academy Graduate
- Orpa Ali, 2019 Staff Academy Graduate and
call-time manager on US Senate race
You should apply if…
- You want to make a difference in your community.
- You want your work to be aligned with your values.
- You hope to build a career in Democratic politics and start working on campaigns in 2020.
- You are committed to learning how to run a strategic campaign (no previous experience necessary).
- You are ready to take a paid campaign job in 2020 and willing to temporarily relocate for the position.
How does it work?
The NDTC Staff Academy is a program designed to recruit, train, and connect new staff to paid career opportunities in Democratic politics across the country. Working in conjunction with our political partners, our goal is to help successful graduates find full-time jobs on campaigns across the country.
- Applications for our next cohort open October 28, 2019.
- Prior campaign experience is not required, but a commitment to pursue a paid career in campaigns upon graduation is a must.
- When inviting applicants to join our program, we prioritize leaders who are women, people of color, and trans/transgender and non-binary people.
- These communities drive the Democratic party but are historically underrepresented on Democratic campaigns relative to their vote share. We want to ensure we, as a party, are representative of our voters.
- Cohort members choose to pursue one of three tracks:
communications, digital, or fundraising. (NOTE: Applications for the communications track are closed. Applications for fundraising and digital tracks are still open until Nov 24th, 2019 at 11:59pm EST)
- All cohort members are trained in management and leadership skills.
- Helping Staff Academy Graduates find paid campaign jobs is our top priority so cohort members are also provided professional development and job search skills.
- Once accepted, cohort members will take classes online and collaborate with fellow classmates from all across the country for eight weeks. Classes begin in January of 2020.
In the final week of the program, successful cohort members will travel to Washington, DC and spend four days refining skills and networking with potential campaigns and committees looking to hire Staff Academy Graduates.
The program is completely free for anyone accepted.
At the end of the program, Staff Academy Graduates have the foundation needed to build a successful career in Democratic politics and understand how to lead and manage a positive and inclusive culture as part of their strategic campaign goals.
Interested in building a career in political campaigns or enhancing your skills but can’t commit to the full 2020 Cohort program? Check-out our on-demand campaign staff training courses.
Not sure which program is right for you? Learn more about the differences.
Are you ready to change the world?
Apply now for our 2020 Staff Academy Cohort.