NDTC Staff Academy
Do you want to work on campaigns? Do you dream of a chance to start a career in Democratic politics?
The NDTC Staff Academy is a program designed to recruit, train, and place new staff on Democratic campaigns across the country, with an emphasis of expanding opportunities for people of color, women, and non-binary individuals.
Applications are now closed for our first cohort and will reopen Winter 2020. If you applied for our 2019 cohort, decisions will be released by April 26th.
Sign up to learn more about our next cohort
Have questions about the program?
- Eric Lundy, Program Director, Inclusv
- Pavitra Abraham, Organizing Director, Kamala Harris for the People
- Dallas Thompson, President and Founder, Bright Compass
Critical Staff Shortage
The 2018 election cycle revealed a critical shortage of qualified campaign staff to provide the strategy and collaborative leadership needed to win campaigns at every level.
If we want Democrats to continue to succeed at the ballot box in 2019 and beyond, we need to invest the time and effort needed to ensure we have qualified staffers to run successful campaigns.
Qualified Staff Pipeline
NDTC has gathered a team of veteran political staffers and strategists to create a practical and real-world curriculum. Our eight-week intensive program combines online coursework with in person training to give future staffers the tools and skills they need to get hired and get the job done from day one.
This program has the power to change the face of Democratic politics by training and empowering new, qualified campaign staff, especially people of color, women, and non-binary individuals.
Together we’ll change Democratic politics forever. We’ll collaborate with candidates, partners, and campaign experts to create a long-term, scalable, training program.
Join our waitlist if…
- You want to make a difference in your community.
- You want your work to be aligned with your passions.
- You want to be in the room where it happens.
- You want to change the world, and make it a better place.
- You are passionate about Democratic politics.
- You are committed to learning how to run a strategic data-driven campaign (no previous experience necessary).
How does it work?
The NDTC Staff Academy recruits and trains committed individuals for campaigns across the country. Working in conjunction with our political partners, successful graduates should be offered full-time jobs on campaigns across the country.
- Applications for our next cohort reopen Winter 2020.
- Prior campaign experience is not required.
- People of color, women, LGBTQ+, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Once accepted, trainees will take classes online and collaborate with fellow classmates from all across the country for eight weeks.
For the final week of the program, successful trainees will travel to Chicago — all expense paid — to our training facilities and spend a week refining skills and matching with potential candidates and campaigns.
The program is completely free for anyone accepted – including travel and lodging in Chicago for the final week of training.
At the end of the program graduates will have the foundation needed to build a successful career in Democratic politics and run a strategic data-driven campaign.
Are you ready to change the world?
Sign up to learn more about our next cohort.