What You’ll Learn
- The basic functions of the Field team
- Ways your work relies on and interacts with Field
- How your various voter universes are created
Why This is Important
If you are working on a campaign, you’ll be interacting with the Field team. You should know the basics of their work and how your work intersects with theirs. If you’re on the Field team, this course can give you a high-level overview of your team’s responsibilities that other courses will help you execute.
- Intro to Communications —If you’re not on the Communications team, you’ll be collaborating with them too. This course will help you get a high-level view of their work and areas for potential collaboration
- Intro to Fundraising — If you’re not on the Fundraising team, you’ll be collaborating with them too. This course will help you get a high-level view of their work and areas for potential collaboration
Kelly is the Founder and CEO of the National Democratic Training Committee. He has worked on dozens of campaigns at every level across the country. Kelly's specialty is in new campaign creation, candidate and staff training, and fundraising. In addition to working for 18+ years in Democratic politics, he teaches a class on political campaigns at DePaul University in Chicago, where he lives with his family and dog, a large hungry blue Weimaraner named Jack Bauer. Kelly started his career in 1998 with Rep. Dennis Moore in KS-03. He's an avid basketball and poker player, though never at the same time. His wife would point out that at no time in this biography was he described as "good" at either hobby. That was a conscious decision.