What You’ll Learn
- Gain access to NGP 8
- Understand the uses of NGP 8 as a Democratic Customer Relationship Management System (CRM)
- Efficiently navigate around NGP 8 using its home page and principal menu options
- Upload and effectively organize new contacts through tools like activist codes
Why This is Important
NGP 8 is an important fundraising and organizing tool that can maximize a campaign’s operations and fundraising ability. No matter the role, if you work on a campaign full-time, part-time, or even as a volunteer or intern, it’s likely that you will eventually use NGP 8. Whether sending a first-time fundraising email, managing call time, organizing an event, or sending thank-you notes, NGP 8 can organize, manage, and plan many campaign initiatives.
- NGP 8 Reference Guide — A cheat sheet for all the NGP functionalities covered by our courses.
- NGP 8 Fundraising: Donors, Pledges, and Contributions — Learn how to use NGP 8 to store valuable donor information, record incoming pledges and contributions, and manage call time.
- VoteBuilder 101 — Introduces you to the basic functions of VoteBuilder, the NGP VAN software that Democratic campaigns across the country use to organize their voter contact network.
- Using VoteBuilder for Data Management — Data maintenance is critical to sustaining a campaign or local organization. This course covers using VoteBuilder to track and manage internal data, identify and engage new members, recruit volunteers, and escalate supporters’ involvement.
- Using MiniVAN for Canvassing — Having face-to-face conversations is the most effective way to turn out voters, but classic, paper-packet canvassing requires a lot of resources. This course covers how to use MiniVAN for canvassing to improve the experience of canvassers while also saving valuable time and money.