About the Course
You’re not going to win your election on your own. Successful candidates cultivate their full network of friends, relatives, colleagues, neighbors, and newfound supporters — and organize those folks to help them implement their campaign plan. In this course, you identify the people and organizations who will help you reach the voters you need to win.
When to Take This Course
Take this course as soon as you decide to run–or even while you’re still considering your options–because it’s never too early to start growing and organizing your network.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Create lists of these people and organizations
- Research and prioritize those lists
- Identify the ways you will ask them to help your campaign–by endorsing (or validating) you, volunteering and/or donating
By the end of this course, you will have these resources for your campaign:
- The “Building Your Network” Checklist
- The “Campaign Rolodex” Spreadsheet
- The “Support PACs and Organizations” Table
- The Sample “New Contact Process” Worksheet