What You’ll Learn
- How to identify each of the six revenue sources
- Some methods you can use to escalate a donor’s support to your campaign
- How to classify donors by the revenue source you’ll use to solicit their donation
Why This is Important
Your team will want to rely on multiple revenue sources to raise your campaign’s budget. This course will help you make the daily decisions about which avenues to choose to solicit potential donors.
- Sample Candidate Nicole Strong’s Website
- Sample Candidate Aisha Iqbal’s Profile
- Sample Fundraising Plan
- Fundraising: What’s My Job? — If you aren’t quite sure what your role in all of these fundraising elements is, or whether this is the right place for you, learn about the role of a fundraiser first
- Finding Donors in Your Candidate’s Network — Your highest-value revenue stream — call time — starts with your candidate’s network. Get started by collecting and organizing all their data to allow your candidate to ask them for donations effectively and efficiently
Kelly is the Founder and CEO of the National Democratic Training Committee. He has worked on dozens of campaigns at every level across the country. Kelly's specialty is in new campaign creation, candidate and staff training, and fundraising. In addition to working for 18+ years in Democratic politics, he teaches a class on political campaigns at DePaul University in Chicago, where he lives with his family and dog, a large hungry blue Weimaraner named Jack Bauer. Kelly started his career in 1998 with Rep. Dennis Moore in KS-03. He's an avid basketball and poker player, though never at the same time. His wife would point out that at no time in this biography was he described as "good" at either hobby. That was a conscious decision.