What You’ll Learn
- How to target voters by voter history, demographic data, and geography
- Identify specific groups of voters to comprise your Persuasion universe
- Determine the strategies to reach your targeted voters
If your campaign will not be using VoteBuilder, this is the targeting course you need. But if the campaign will be using the VoteBuilder software, take “VoteBuilder 101” instead.
Why This is Important
Most campaigns don’t have the time, money, or people to talk to every single eligible voter, nor is this a good use of those resources. This course helps determine which voters a campaign should communicate with and the best strategies to reach them to be efficient and effective with resources.
- Your Persuasion Targets Worksheet
- Aisha Iqbal’s Field Plan
- Precinct Ranking Example & Template
- Field Plan Template
- Calculating Your Vote Goal — If your Persuasion universe size isn’t calculated yet, take this course and complete the Key Field Numbers workbook so you can do the activities in “Targeting Voters”
- Field Tactics — Once you identify who to contact, it’s time to talk to them. This course helps set up your voter contact efforts, including training and supporting volunteers
- Writing Voter Contact Scripts — Learn how to write the scripts your campaign will use to speak to voters. By scripting the language volunteers use on the doors and phones, the campaign can guarantee they’re having a high-quantity of high-quality conversations
Share with friends