What You’ll Learn
- How to identify specific groups of voters who will comprise your persuasion universe
- How to determine the strategies you will use to reach your targeted voters
- How to prioritize the various groups of voters you’re targeting
If your campaign will not be using VoteBuilder, this is the targeting course for you. But if you will be using the VoteBuilder software, take “VoteBuilder 101” instead.
Why This is Important
Most campaigns don’t have the time, money, or people to talk to every single eligible voter — nor is this a good use of those resources in most cases. This course helps you determine which voters your campaign should communicate with and determine the best strategies to reach them so you can be efficient and effective with your resources.
- Your Persuasion Targets Worksheet
- Sample Field Plan
- Precinct Ranking Example & Template
- Calculating your Vote Goal — If you don’t have your persuasion universe size calculated yet, take this course and complete its Key Field Numbers Workbook so you can complete the activities in “Targeting Voters”
- Field Tactics — Once “Targeting Voters” helps you identify who you need to contact, it’s time to start talking to them. This course will help you set up your voter contact efforts, including training and supporting your volunteers