About the Course
Asking our family, friends and neighbors for help is not something that comes easily to most of us. The formula taught in this course gives you the tools to make successful asks which cultivate the things your campaign needs to succeed: money, volunteer time, and votes.
When to Take This Course
This is a skill-building course, so there’s never a bad time to take it. If you’re just starting out, take this course before you make your first fundraising call. If you’re further along in your campaign, this course can help you make your asks more effective.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Prepare to make an effective ask
- Develop talking points about the credibility and viability of your campaign to use in your conversations with donors and other potential supporters
- Practice the components of an effective ask
By the end of this course, you will have these resources for your campaign:
- Check-In Questions: Your Attitude
- Example Fundraising Talking Points: “Credibility and Viability”
- The “Making the Ask” Prep Sheet