What You’ll Learn
- Features and uses of a digital content calendar
- Best practices for planning digital content
- How to create a digital content plan for a campaign event
Why This is Important
In order to ensure your content is reaching your persuasion universe at the right time, you need to think carefully about how and when you’ll reach your supporters.
- A Content Building Template to plan your content
- A Digital Content Calendar Rubric to evaluate planned posts, advertising, and emails
- Creating Campaign Content — Teaches you to create compelling and effective visual and written content for your campaign.
- Creating Calls to Action — You’ll learn to craft effective asks that are integral to each piece of content you create.
- Using Social Media Platforms — Provides the methods you need to evaluate and target your audiences on the platforms they use.
- Understanding Email Strategy — Teaches you techniques to send emails to the recipients most receptive to them.
When we created these trainings, Emily Gittleman was the Digital Director of 50+1 Strategies.
Emily got her start in politics working on the Operations team of Senator Cory Booker's (D-NJ) special election campaign in 2013. She fell in love with campaigns and stayed on to serve as Director of Operations when Booker ran for a full term in 2014.
Emily joined 50+1 in February of 2016 as a fundraiser, helping local and state level candidates like City College Trustee Alex Randolph and State Assemblymember David Chiu fundraise for their successful re-election campaigns.
Following the 2016 election, Emily transitioned from fundraising into the world of digital and spent the ensuing months building out 50+1's brand new digital shop. Emily led all digital strategy for 50+1 candidates, campaigns, and special projects, including (but not limited to) content creation, email campaigns, digital advertising, social media strategy, and analytics.
Emily graduated from Trinity College in Hartford, CT with a degree in International Studies and a minor in Photography. In her spare time, she enjoys biking around the city, hiking with her friends, taking cool pictures, re-watching episodes of The West Wing, and convincing her friends and Lyft drivers to take a more active interest in politics.