What You’ll Learn
- How to identify the building blocks of a personal story that is responsive to your audience
- How to polish your story delivery for any audience, based on their needs
- How to use feedback to refine your personal stories
Why This is Important
Whether you are campaigning for office, organizing for an issue, or mobilizing your community to vote, your personal stories can be your most effective asset when talking one-on-one with voters. The stories of your life experiences reflect your values and priorities, establish authentic connections with your community, and inspire others to action.
- Using Feedback to Refine Your Personal Stories Worksheet
- How to Craft a Core Political Campaign Message — Integrating your personal story with your campaign’s core message is the best way to gain support from voters
- Field Tactics — When you’re out canvassing or phone banking, talking with voters one-on-one, your story can be your most effective asset. After “Using Personal Stories to Connect,” you’ll have the story part down; this course will help with everything else that goes into it!