What You’ll Learn
- The roles and goals of the Digital team, and how they fit into the wider structure and purpose of the campaign
- How to partner with the Digital team to achieve your team’s campaign goals
Why This is Important
The Digital team can boost every goal your campaign has, as long as you let them in the door. In this course, we’ll teach you how to ensure both you and the Digital team have what’s needed to win your campaign!
- Digital Media Request Worksheet
- Intro to Fundraising — Your campaign needs multiple revenue sources to raise your campaign’s budget. Learn how to make the daily decisions about which avenues to choose to solicit potential donors
- Intro to Field — If you’re working on a campaign, you’ll be interacting with the Field team. Learn the basics of their work and how your work could intersect with theirs
- Intro to Communications — Every member of a campaign team needs a basic understanding of what the Communications team does and what roles your team will
When we created these trainings, Emily Gittleman was the Digital Director of 50+1 Strategies.
Emily got her start in politics working on the Operations team of Senator Cory Booker's (D-NJ) special election campaign in 2013. She fell in love with campaigns and stayed on to serve as Director of Operations when Booker ran for a full term in 2014.
Emily joined 50+1 in February of 2016 as a fundraiser, helping local and state level candidates like City College Trustee Alex Randolph and State Assemblymember David Chiu fundraise for their successful re-election campaigns.
Following the 2016 election, Emily transitioned from fundraising into the world of digital and spent the ensuing months building out 50+1's brand new digital shop. Emily led all digital strategy for 50+1 candidates, campaigns, and special projects, including (but not limited to) content creation, email campaigns, digital advertising, social media strategy, and analytics.
Emily graduated from Trinity College in Hartford, CT with a degree in International Studies and a minor in Photography. In her spare time, she enjoys biking around the city, hiking with her friends, taking cool pictures, re-watching episodes of The West Wing, and convincing her friends and Lyft drivers to take a more active interest in politics.