What You’ll Learn
- How to incorporate your candidate’s voice and story into political campaign messaging
- How to create a message guide for your campaign
- How to create a storybank for your campaign
- How to write talking points for events and interviews
Why This is Important
Ownership of your political campaign message(s) is at the heart of your work as a communications professional, and your candidate’s story and policy priorities are at the heart of intentionally constructed messages. Campaigns that consistently articulate well-tailored messages and connect to their many audiences will be much more likely to succeed than those that adopt a one-size-fits-all approach to communication.
- Example Message Guide
- Example Storybank
- Talking Points Worksheet
- Political Campaign Messaging Basics — Understand the difference between campaign message and messaging, and apply foundational message development skills.
- How to Craft Your Core Political Campaign Message — Use storytelling to develop a clear and concise core message for your campaign.
- Using Personal Stories to Connect with Others — How to identify the building blocks of a personal story that is responsive to your audience